Thursday 9 May 2013

Fort Whyte Alive - May 09 2013

Fort Whyte

Made a trip to Fort Whyte today. Didn't see as many birds or waterfowl as we usually do.
After we got to Fort Whyte I discovered that I left my camera battery at home in the charger. We were limited to our Canon SX40HS, a wonderful little camera but not really suited to birding. It was a great outing.
 Brewers Blackbird, I think. At a great distance
 Common Loon
  Common Loon
 Dark Eyed Junco
 I think this is a Flycatcher or possibly a Thrush
 Hooded Mergansers We saw over 10 of them
 Hooded Merganser
 Hooded Merganser
 Hooded Mergansers - These two swam side by side alternately raising and lowering their head feathers. It was very interesting to watch
 Mallards
 Turtle We saw 7 in one little area of the pond and a few more on the opposite side of this pond.
 Turtle
Someone on Google Birding identifies this bird as a partially leucistic White-throated Sparrow

No comments:

Post a Comment