Sunday 11 March 2012

First Blog Post - March 11 2012

My first blog post.
My Wife, Rose, and I have been birding for about 5 years. It is a great past time, we have seen lots of birds, some incredible scenery and had some pretty good adventures. I must say it is probably one of the most satisfying things we have done.
We mostly bird around our town, there is a nature trail that varies from dense bush, to prairie, river, creek, bog, to forest. We get a good variety of birds in spring. We also have several feeders set up and get quite a variety birds visiting them year round, but spring through mid summer is the best.
Winter we don't go out birding much, to darned cold and afraid we will ruin our cameras. My E510 bit the dust after taking it out for a few weeks in weather as low as -22 C.
I now have a Canon T1i with a Tamron 70-300 VC lens. I am very satisfied with this set up and my only wish now is to try out the Kenko Pro 1.4x tc.
My wife is using a Canon XS with a Canon 70-300 IS lense. The camera is a bit dated although still good it is not quite up to the same standard as the T1i, and we will likely look at replacing in the next year. We both hate the Canon 70-300 IS. The IS seems to be bad on it and we have a very difficult time getting good pictures with it. Have tried it on the T1i and the results are the same. We are actively seeking a new lens for Rose, perhaps the Tamron 28-300 VC macro lens. If anyone has experience with this lens we would really appreciate hearing your opinion.
Will post some pictures over time and hope to hear from some other Canadian birders and hopefully people from around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment