Saturday 4 April 2015

Birds - March 30 April 3 2015

First nature walk outside of town this year. Weather was great, heard and briefly saw a Pileated Woodpecker. I just love their call, it puts me in mind of something one might hear in a jungle.
Saw a few Hairy Woodpeckers and heard lots of smaller birds singing but they were to far into the bush to see.
Saw a White Breasted Nuthatch checking out a hollow in a tree, not certain if it will nest there but it would be right where Northern Rough Winged Swallows nest and very close to where Belted Kingfishers nest.
Grackles and Robin's have shown up in the last few days, also saw 2 Merlin's.
My camera quit working and told me there was something wrong with the shutter. It took sometime but I was able to fix it, and my tinkering doesn't seem to have caused any further damage. So the T2i seems to be good to go for a while yet.

Some Burrs

Black Capped Chickadee - Took close to 20 photos of this active little bird, many of them of where the bird used to be.

Robin


White Breasted Nuthatch checking out a tree hollow



No comments:

Post a Comment