Thursday 1 October 2015

Green Heron - July 2015

Was surprised to see this little Heron at Fort Whyte in July. My first sighting of a Green Heron. I didn't even notice it at first. Wasn't certain what it was until I zoomed in on it, then proceeded to take just a few hundred photos of it. It finally took off and headed away from me and out of sight. A few minutes later I caught movement in my peripheral vision, spun and saw it was the Heron. I took a series of in flight shots but the camera settings were wrong and they didn't turn out as well as I had hoped, but was pleased they turned out as well as they did.
I saw the Heron once more a few weeks later flying at a distance. Hope to encounter it again next year.

Click on the photos to enlarge them.





Surprise in flight encounter. The next 2 photos were the only in flight photos that turned out reasonably well.







No comments:

Post a Comment