Wednesday 25 April 2012

Kenko Teleplus PRO 300 DGX 1.4x AF Teleconverter - April 25 2012

Kenko Teleplus PRO 300 DGX 1.4x AF Teleconverter

Decided to take the Kenko out one more time mounted on the Canon T2i and Canon 100mm F2.8 macro lens.
Stopped at the sewage lagoon and found about 20 Tundra Swans, numerous Canada Geese, several Cackling Geese, Mallards, Northern Shovlelers, Kildeers, Tree Swallows, Brewer's Blackbirds, Tree Sparrows, numerous Crows and a few Clay Coloured Sparrows. I regretted not taking a larger lens. I wandered around the lagoons for about 45 minutes then went for a walk in the bush.
I took 270 photo's and deleted about 265 of them. 
I now wonder if I am not using the right settings with the Kenko, perhaps someone with more experience than I could get it to perform better. It is very much like our mirror lens, some photo's turn out great but the vast majority are marginal to useless.
Only one of the pictures that I kept was I really happy with, the rest were really marginal at best. 
We went back to the lagoons today but it was far to windy to take any pictures as the wind was strong enough that there was no way to hold a camera steady.
Here are the best of the worst from yesterday.

 Brewer's Blackbird 40 feet - large crop
 Kildeer - 20 feet I was disappointed in this photo - it was the best of a series of 6 photos of this bird.
 Robin 20 feet - The best photo of the day
 Tree Swallows - 20 feet manual focus - There were several darting around me and they were really difficult to get in the viewfinder much less focus on. I missed the best opportunity when I lost sight of them and when
I lowered the camera to find them they were 10 feet in front of me with one swallow pinning the other on the ground, they took off before I could raise the camera.
Tundra Swans -  Well over 100 yards - This is a very large crop.
This is a crop of the centre group of birds


No comments:

Post a Comment