Thursday 17 November 2016

Fort Whyte - Stephenfield - 17 Nov 2016 Birds, Deer, Scenery

Just parked at Fort Whyte when a large group of Geese took off from the Buffalo compound, this photo shows about 1/3 of the group. They were very noisy.
As I was watching the Geese take off I heard the Prairie Dogs to my right all start calling. I turned to see this Bald Eagle swooping down on the colony. It didn't catch any, then zoomed up and flew away. I only managed this one photo. It was all so quick. There were 2 Bald Eagles at Fort Whyte but they had roosted at quite a distance and I wasn't able to get a good photo of them.

Stephenfield Manitoba
We came across 2 Eagles sitting in a field, maybe 75 feet off the highway, surrounded by Crows and Magpies.  We drove until some bush concealed us then turned around and returned to the field. I just raised the camera when all the birds took flight. We followed this one Eagle and got a few poor photos of it.

Fort Whyte
Buck just getting his antlers




Buck
Stephenfield Manitoba



Geese fly over

Still a lot of Geese heading South



Mallards

Mallards

Fort Whyte path looking pretty desolate




Ruffed Grouse
Stephenfield Manitoba

Starlings

End of our day

No comments:

Post a Comment