Friday 17 July 2015

Fort Whyte Alive - Birds, Squirrel, Dragonfly's 16 July 2015 - Part 1

Fort Whyte Alive

Attended Fort Whyte on the 16th. Weather was threatening rain and possibly thunder storms. I was a little surprised to find no one on the trails. I saw a lot of birds, likely because it was so quiet.
There was one brief shower which barely wet anything so I really enjoyed my outing. I was there for about 3 hours and people were just starting to go out on the trails as I was leaving.
All photos were taken with a Panasonic FZ1000. It is a good camera but not as good as a DSLR.
Focus is pretty fast, image quality is good but loses detail quickly as photos are enlarged. Image stabilization is very good.
Focal range is 25mm to 400mm, and I think F2.8 to F5.6 . There is also Intelligent Zoom which extends the reach to 800mm. There is digital zoom which extends range to 1300mm but it is not very good and we don't use it.
Electronic Viewfinder is excellent. Using the viewfinder as you get focus lock you will get a good idea of how the photo is going to turn out.
I quite like the camera but prefer a DSLR.

Click on the photos to enlarge them

 12 Striped Ground Squirrel

Alder or Willow Flycatcher

Baltimore Oriole Fledgling

Baltimore Oriole

Black Capped Chickadee

Clay Colored Sparrow Sparrow fledgling

Clay-colored Sparrow

Hooded  Merganser - Mallard

Hooded  Merganser

Hooded  Merganser

Hooded  Merganser

Hooded  Merganser

Hooded  Merganser

Dragon Fly

Dragon Fly

No comments:

Post a Comment