Friday 17 July 2015

Sod Hut - Fort Whyte Alive - 16 July 2015

Sod Hut

Photos taken with FZ1000.
It is quite dim inside the hut so I had to use the flash. I didn't notice the black arc lower center frame until I got home. I am certain it is the lens hood.
I wished I had taken a photo of either the doorway or one of the windows to display the thickness of the walls. I would estimate that they were at least a foot thick.
The windows in this hut were glass, but, I have heard of instances where oiled paper was used in place of glass.

Click on the photos to enlarge them






I wished I had taken photos of some of the posters on the wall as they would be copies of posters from the period. Will try to remember next time we go and will post them and hopefully a photo showing the thickness of the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment