Friday 1 April 2016

Birds and Critters - 1 April 2016

Two outings the first to Fort Whyte on a very dull day, the second on a sunny day on which I decided to try shooting at F8. Photos looked pretty good on the back of the camera but in reality all but a very few were out of focus. I was disappointed but still enjoyed my outing immensely.
On my nature walk I saw many different types of birds and water fowl so the migration has definitely reached Manitoba.
I also saw either an Otter or Fisher swimming in the river with something in its mouth. But I was unable to get a photo.
Canada Geese
This lake is several acres in size. There were maybe 8 Geese on or near it. These 3 decided this lake wasn't big enough for all of them. They had some difficulty getting at each other on the ice.


Common Redpoll

Common Redpoll

Dark Eyed Junco


Downy Woodpecker

Downy Woodpecker

Grey Squirrel
About the size of a cat

Downy Woodpecker

House Sparrow
Mourning Dove

Mallards

Kildeer

No comments:

Post a Comment